|Version of Ubuntu|
|Architecture||i386, amd64, sparc (Server only)|
|Release date||18 October 2007|
|Support end||18 April 2009|
Ubuntu 7.10 is a version of Ubuntu that was released on 18 October 2007. Some components on the upper toolbar have been implemented.
New features[edit | edit source]
- Hardware management improvements – improved plug-and-play configuration for printers, as well as automatic firmware installation for Broadcom cards.
- Improved support for display systems – For laptop users, full support external VGA (projector) support is available out-of-the-box with easy reconfiguration when hardware is switched. For power users this release includes the ability to manage multiple monitors.
- Windows NTFS file system compatibility – Users with a dual partition can read from and and write to files that are on located in a Windows partition (including NTFS).
- Enhanced user interface – Simple 3D screen effects and graphics enhance the user experience.
- Desktop search – gives users the ability to search their entire desktop, whether for files, folders, chat logs or photos. This capability includes the deskbar applet, a central location on users’ desktops for all local and web search operations
- Firefox plugins – automatic installation of popular Firefox plugins validated by Ubuntu for a richer, safer web-browsing experience.