Mac OS X Public Beta build 1H39
|Build of Mac OS X Public Beta|
|Timebomb||2001-05-14 (+257 days)|
Mac OS X Public Beta build 1H39 is the official beta release of Mac OS X Public Beta. This version was officially released to the public on 13 September 2000 and allowed testers to try the new operating system and Aqua interface before the official release of Mac OS X 10.0. Mac OS X Public Beta initially retailed for $29.95 in the US. It is also one of the very few macOS builds to have a timebomb.
Differences from Developer Preview 4[edit | edit source]
This build contains a few notable changes from the previous release, Developer Preview 4:
- Setup has been heavily revamped, and now resemble the final Cheetah release. Despite that, the old Setup Assistant is still run after setup.
- The flag next to the "Help" on the menu bar has been removed.
- More applications have been placed onto the Dock by default. Alongside, Dock magnification is disabled by default again.
- The menu bar has a new "Window" section after the "Special" and before the "Help".
- The old Mac OS X Server 1.x design in "About Program" dialogs has been changed to resemble the Cheetah release.