MS-DOS 4.01 is version of MS-DOS, released in November of 1988. In this version is additional features:
- Support for graphic video adapters EGA, VGA.
- The volume of logical disks - more than 32 MB.
- Support for LIM / EMS standard (driver EMM386.SYS, access to additional RAM memory on IBM PC AT-386 and higher), which allowed individual parts of MS DOS to load into additional memory.
- There was a full-fledged support of the Russian language.
- Improving the program Select. Now this program greatly simplifies the process of installation and configuration of the system. It automatically creates the appropriate CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT files.
- The introduction of a new mem command, which allows you to analyze the current memory card.
- Four countries are included in the list of supported countries.
- Graphic printing
- Various new features in existing commands: tree, delete, mode, append, fastopen, nlsfunc, attrib, fdisk, replace, backup, graftabl, select, country, graphics.
- Improved system drivers, including: ANSI.SYS, DRIVER.SYS, DISPLAY.SYS, PRINTER.SYS.
- MS-DOS shell.