Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Version of MS-DOS|
MS-DOS 4.01 is a version of MS-DOS, released in 1988-11. It introduced the following new features and changes:
- Support for EGA and VGA display adapters.
- Support for FAT16 partitions larger than 32 MB.
- Support for LIM / EMS standard (driver
EMM386.SYS, access to additional memory on IBM PC AT-386 and higher), which allowed individual parts of MS DOS to load into additional memory.
- Full-fledged support of the Russian language.
- Improving the Select installation program. The process of installation and configuration is greatly simplified. It automatically creates the appropriate
- The introduction of a new
MEMcommand, which allows you to analyze the current memory configuration.
- Four countries are included in the list of supported countries.
- Graphic printing.
- Various new features in existing commands:
- Improved system drivers, including:
- MS-DOS shell.