Windows Server 2012 build 8102
|Build of Windows Server 2012|
|Timebomb||2012-04-08 (+229 days)|
Windows Server 2012 build 8102 is the official Developer Preview build of Windows Server 2012, which was released on 13 September 2011 along with its client counterpart.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- This is the earliest available build to have Redpill features enabled by default. See Windows 8 build 8102.101#Redpill
- An OOBE is now displayed after installation, which prompts the user to enter a password for the Administrator account.
- The Windows 7 login screen background has been set as the desktop background.
- The ability to zoom out on the Start screen has been removed. It would return in the next build.
- The default user icon has been updated.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Compatibility[edit | edit source]
In a similar fashion to its client counterpart, to install or run this build in VMware Workstation, the hardware compatibility version must be set to versions 8.x/9.x; otherwise, a bugcheck will occur.