Windows Server 2008 R2 build 7000
|Build of Windows Server 2008 R2|
|OS family||Windows NT|
|Timebomb||2009-07-01 (+201 days)|
|Standard Server (Core)|
Enterprise Server (Core)
Datacenter Server (Core)
Web Server (Core)
|Use a Windows Server 2008 R2 retail key|
Windows Server 2008 R2 build 7000 is the official beta build of Windows Server 2008 R2.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- This build now uses the Superbar by default.
- The login screen now uses a gray colored aurora reminiscent of Windows Vista.
- The default desktop background has been changed to the shade of blue used in Windows 2000 and Windows Me.
- The boot screen has been reverted to the one seen in Windows Vista/Server 2008.
- This is the first build to use the Windows Server 2008 R2 branding on the Windows Setup, login screen and winver. However, it still identifies itself as Windows Server 7 in the desktop watermark and Windows 7 in the Windows Preinstallation Environment watermark.
- The copyright date of
winver.exehas been updated from 2007 to 2008.
- The Windows logo on the Start button (when the Windows Classic theme is in use) has been uplifted and now resembles the RTM.
- The Windows logo in System Properties has been updated to the one seen in Windows Vista.
Quirks[edit | edit source]
Safe mode[edit | edit source]
The background wallpaper is still present in safe mode for some reason.