Windows 2000 build 1902
|Build of Windows 2000
|+240 days after original install date
Windows 2000 build 1902 is a Beta 3 build of Windows 2000.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Setup[edit | edit source]
There are some changes to setup, which make it more resemblant to the RTM:
- When setup launched with
WINNT32.EXE, it now restarts automatically before entering the text-mode stage.
- In the second GUI stage, "Installing Windows NT security features" has been removed from the first progress page, only leaving "Installing and configuring devices".
- The animated icon during networking installation has been replaced with a progress bar.
- On the final progress page, the following strings from earlier builds have been renamed:
|Installs Start menu items
|Configures your computer
|Saves your configuration
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
- This build cannot be installed from CD boot as is. One must use a DOS/Windows 9x boot disk to run
- Autorun is not able to launch setup since
WINNT32.EXEand the DLLs related to it are moved to a separate folder called Winnt32. If autorun launches, press "Browse CD" instead, point to the I386, then to the Winnt32 folder, and launch the program from there.
- When upgrading to this build, the installation of COM+ during setup will fail, giving the message
Sub-component COM+ post file copy setup failed. Error Code 0x8004e00f. Setup will then continue as normal. However, when setup is about to restart, it will complain that COM+'s installation failed. This can safely be ignored however as after setup restarts, you will normally boot in to Windows.