Windows 10 build 21292.1000
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Build of Windows 10 Cobalt|
|Architecture||x86, x64, ARM64|
|Timebomb||2021-10-31 (+296 days)|
Home Single Language
Pro Single Language
Pro China Only
Pro Education N
Pro for Workstations
Pro N for Workstations
Enterprise G N
Enterprise N Evaluation
Windows 10 build 21292.1000 is the third Insider Preview build of Cobalt. This build was released on 13 January 2021 to all Windows Insiders on the Dev Channel.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Multiple fixes and reliability improvements to the News and interests flyout.
- Settings > System > Sounds now displays a message when microphone permissions have been turned off for the whole system or for all apps with a link to the Microphone Privacy page.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
News and interests[edit | edit source]
- The taskbar button's layout is reset to "Show icon and text" after upgrading to this build.
- Sometimes the flyout cannot be dismissed with pen.
- The taskbar button can show stale information each time users log into their account.
- The flyout shows content in a single column before quickly switching to double column.
- The taskbar button's text can look pixelated in high resolution screens.
- The taskbar context menu and the flyout overlap.
- In certain circumstances, the flyout uses 100% of CPU when first launched.
- Attempting to share content dismisses the flyout.
General[edit | edit source]
- The update process to this build has a chance of hanging for extended periods of time.
- Games such as State of Decay 2 or Assassin’s Creed may hang or crash when launching.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War may not launch starting with this build.
- Some rendering / graphic issues may be experienced after resizing certain app windows. This should be resolved after minimizing and restoring all windows by using the Win+D hotkey twice.
- Some 32-bit systems may lose network connection after upgrading to this build.
- The reliability of the Start menu and other modern apps may be affected in this build.
- When Xbox Game Bar is launched from the Start menu or via the Win+G hotkey while using a text editor, the computer may appear unresponsive. If you encounter this, dismiss the bar with the same hotkey and end the
GameBar.exeprocess from Task Manager.
- Xbox Game Bar might launch on some PCs without pressing the Win+G hotkey.
- Miracast users may experience very low frame rates in this build.
- Live preview doesn't work for pinned site tabs on some machines, a gray window is seen instead of the intended content.
- Aero Shake is disabled in this build. To enable it again, merge the following to the registry and restart
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] "DisallowShaking"=dword:00000000