Windows 10 build 19587
|Build of Manganese
|Windows 10 (NT 10.0)
|2020-07-31 (+140 days)
|Home (N, Single Language, China)
Pro (N, Single Language, China Only)
Pro Education (N)
Pro for Workstations (N)
Enterprise (Evaluation, G, N)
|Use a Windows 10 Retail serial
Windows 10 build 19587 is the eleventh Insider Preview build of Manganese, the 20H2 development semester of Windows as a service. This build was released to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring on 18 March 2020.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The volume on the system no longer unmutes when using the volume control keys on a physical keyboard unless the user raises the volume or manually unmutes the volume.
- The Narrator application has received several improvements:
- It now uses a more friendly string to describe the audio output in the Select playback device dropdown menu on the volume flyout.
- It now announces more information in the Add Bluetooth or other devices dialog in the Settings app when it is first opened.
- General changes, improvements, and bug fixes listed in the official release announcement.
Findings[edit | edit source]
New boot animation[edit | edit source]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
It is activated by default starting with Windows 11 build 22449.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The BattlEye anti-cheat software has some incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions.
- The update process to this build has a chance of hanging for extended periods of time.
- At the time of this build's release, some devices had a chance of encountering a green screen of death error during the reboot to install the build. If it happened, the solution was to log in, schedule a specific time for the build to install, and then log off all user accounts before the scheduled installation time. If those steps were performed correctly, the installation would proceed as expected without any crashes.
- The documents section in the privacy settings has a broken icon, and as such, a rectangle shows in its place.
- If you're attempting to use the ⊞ Win+PrtScn keyboard shortcut to take a screenshot, the image is not saved to the Screenshots folder. To take a screenshot, you have to use a different method of taking them, such as pressing ⊞ Win+⇧ Shift+S .
- When running corruption repair using DISM, the process will stop at 84.9%.
- Sticky Notes windows can't be moved around on the desktop. To workaround this bug, set focus to the app, and then press Alt+Space. After that action is performed, select the Move option on the menu that appears. This will allow the window to be moved around with either the arrow keys or the mouse.
Availability[edit | edit source]
- ARM64 devices did not receive this build because of a severe crash bug.