Windows 10 build 19043.844
|Build of Windows 10 version 21H1|
|Architecture||x86, x64, ARM64|
Home Single Language
Pro Single Language
Pro China Only
Pro Education N
Pro for Workstations
Pro N for Workstations
Enterprise G N
Enterprise N Evaluation
Windows 10 build 19043.844 is the first Insider Preview build of Windows 10 May 2021 Update. This build was released to Windows Insiders on the Beta Channel on 17 February 2021 along with 20H2 build 19042.844.
Changes[edit | edit source]
This build includes all the changes and improvements of the aforementioned 20H2 build as well as the following ones:
- Windows Hello now supports multiple cameras. Users can choose camera priority.
- Windows Defender Application Guard's performance was improved. This includes fixes related to the size of the WDAG container.
- Robocopy's performance when copying large (>400MB) files has been improved.
- The WMI Group Policy Service has remote work-related improvements in performance.
- Fixes related to slow propagation of user groups made by the Active Directory administrator.
Availability[edit | edit source]
This build was first released as an optional update, letting users chose if they wanted to move forward to 21H1 quickly or to keep receiving 20H2 updates for some more time. On 2 March 2021, this build started to be offered as a recommended update, moving the rest of Beta Channel Insiders to 21H1, and only leaving those on Release Preview in 20H2.