Windows 10 build 16251 (rs_prerelease)
(Redirected from Windows 10 build 16251)
|Build of Windows 10 April 2018 Update|
|Architecture||x86, x64, ARM64|
|Timebomb||2018-07-02 (+346 days)|
Pro (N, for Advanced PCs)
|Use a Windows 10 Retail serial|
Windows 10 build 16251 (rs_prerelease) is the first Insider Preview build of Windows 10 April 2018 Update. This build was released to Windows Insiders that were opted into Skip Ahead on 26 July 2017.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- You can now link your phone to your computer. The details on how to do so can be found in the release announcement.
- You can now view web search results in Cortana without opening your browser.
- You can now tell Cortana to shutdown, restart, log out, or lock the PC. You can also do it on the lock screen.
- The Windows Update feature to use the user's sign-in info to automatically finish setting your device after an update has been extended to regular reboots and shutdowns. When the user shuts down or restarts the computer, Windows now automatically setups the account after it boots back up. You can disable this by navigating to the Privacy section of the Sign-in options in the Settings app.
- Various improvements and bug fixes to the input system and Microsoft Edge, detailed in the release announcement.
- Various other changes, improvements and bug fixes detailed in the release announcement.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Storage Spaces will not work correctly if upgraded from Fall Creators Update builds 16226 to 16237.
- Using the dictation hotkey (⊞ Win+H) in UWP apps won't work. The UI will briefly appear and then disappear. Using the microphone in the touch keyboard will still work.
- After upgrading to this build, some network settings are lost and thus are reverted to the default settings.
- There's a chance that the Start menu, Action Center, and notification toasts will have a background that is 100% transparent. To fix it, either end
ShellExperienceHost.exevia Task Manager or restart the PC.
- The battery flyout can show unexpected text for the percent charged (e.g. “%1!s!%2!s!%" until fully charged)
- When you install or update a Windows Store app, you may encounter error code 80070057.
- Action Center may show it has a number of notifications, but when it is clicked, there are no notifications to be seen.