Windows 10 build 15042
(Redirected from Windows 10 build 15042.0)
|Build of Windows 10 Creators Update|
Windows 10 build 15042 is the twenty-first officially released Insider Preview build of Windows 10 Creators Update. This build was released to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring on 24 February 2017.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Changed Cortana's animations in OOBE.
- A dialog has been added when Adobe Flash content is blocked in Microsoft Edge. It is located in the URL bar.
- When reading a locally saved EPUB book in Microsoft Edge, A book icon is used in place of the previous generic icon.
- If you switch pages while an EPUB book is being read, the reader will jump to the specified page.
- If you've changed the read aloud settings when reading an EPUB in Microsoft Edge, the settings you chose will now be preserved for other e-books that are opened afterwards.
- Removed the watermark and timebomb temporarily.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Some machines may still experience constant crashes with the
Spectrum.exeservice, causing PCs to lose audio, disk I/O usage to become very high, and apps like Microsoft Edge to become unresponsive when doing certain actions. To fix this, stop the Spectrum service, navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Spectrum, delete the PersistedSpatialAnchors folder and reboot.
- Some games might minimize to the taskbar when launched.
- Microsoft Edge F12 tools may intermittently crash, hang, and fail to accept inputs.
- The icon for the Windows Insider Program under Settings → "Update & security" is shown as a square instead of its usual icon.
- Windows Hello authentication may not work on some Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book devices.
- Microsoft Edge and/or the taskbar may randomly stop responding. If that happens, open Task Manager via Ctrl+⇧ Shift+Esc and close Microsoft Edge and restarting
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Updates[edit | edit source]
Only two updates were released for build 15042:
- 10.0.15042.2.rs2_release_inmarket.170226-0342 - KB4014173
- 10.0.15042.3.rs2_release_inmarket.170303-0911 - KB4014621