Windows 1.0 1984-02-22 build
|Build of Windows 1.0|
|OS family||16-bit Windows|
The Windows 1.0 1984-02-22 build is an early build of Windows 1.0, shown in the May 1984 issue of Japanese magazine 月刊アスキー (meaning "Monthly ASCII"). The same or similar build was also briefly shown in the "History of Microsoft - 1983" video, showing system date of 9 April 1984. Another screenshot likely from the same build can be found on page 342 of Computing Today: Microcomputer Concepts and Applications. It is similar to the Fall COMDEX build, but also bears notable UI differences.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- There is now a single help button on the right side of the status bar, while the menu button was moved to the left side. Individual help buttons on windows have been replaced by resize boxes much like those in the final version.
- The Trash icon was already added at this point, but it is unknown if it was functional.
- Scrollbars now appear the same as in Development Release #5, and the vertical scrollbar was moved to the right side of the window.
- The Text application is missing its rather crowded menu from previous builds.
- The "Save Session" feature has been removed.