macOS Monterey build 21A5248p
|Build of macOS Monterey|
macOS Monterey build 21A5248p is the official Beta 1 release of macOS Monterey, which was released to Apple developers on 7 June 2021 during WWDC 2021.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
NOTE: These features are also demonstrated at WWDC 2021 as well.
Battery and Power[edit | edit source]
- Introduced low battery mode in Battery and Power.
- The ability to erase all content has been added in M1- and T2-powered systems.
Passwords[edit | edit source]
- Changed the UI of the new passwords in the passwords application, to have a new highlighter, the ability to add a new password and some movement changes.
- Introduced the Keychain application in Finder.
Control Center[edit | edit source]
- The privacy settings now allow their user to remind when using the active microphone in the Control Center.
- Introduced the new Focus Settings in the Control Center by going to "Do Not Disturb" > "Focus Preferences".
- Notifications have changed their visual design to match iOS 14 and they have been moved from the Control Center to the Focus application.
Widgets[edit | edit source]
- Widgets returned in this Beta build, though some widgets are still not included, which will become added in later betas.
Control[edit | edit source]
- Introduced Universal Control. With this, the user can use their Mac to control other devices (such as an iPad) while in the other. Since it's quite new, there are not too many features for it yet and might have new bugs and issues.
- Introduced AirPlay. This application can be installed from iOS 14 and iOS 15 Beta 1 and has the ability to share the user's pictures and files saved from the PC if you align to it.
- Added Shortcuts from iOS 14. This application is similar to Microsoft To-Do in Windows.
Finder[edit | edit source]
- Some Beta Users have the ability to add shortcuts into Finder has been implemented.
- Added the new "Shared" section in Finder.
System Preferences[edit | edit source]
- New options were implemented for the Menu Bar at the System Preferences.
- The ability to make applications full screen has been implemented.
Safari[edit | edit source]
- Tabs will now automatically turn dark or blur out when there is a dark mode for the page.
- Introduced Tab Groups. It has the ability to make groups with combining several tabs themselves.
- Introduced the new Empty Tab Group shortcut in the Navigation Pane.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Notes have been changed to fit with iOS 14 completely.
- Little pop-ups now show up from the Note application when the user saves a tab into the Safari Search.
Keyboard and Detection[edit | edit source]
- On-device technology is now used when the microphone is being used.
- A new language translator has been implemented in the Microphone application.
Maps[edit | edit source]
- Trees are now visible in Maps.
- The ability to use the Neural Engine for M1 system devices has been implemented in Maps.
Speech[edit | edit source]
- Improvements to speech translation, such as new animations for text.
Photos[edit | edit source]
- New gentle and dream effects were implemented in the Photos app.
- The ability for Photos to analyze library memory has been implemented.
- The new live text option has been implemented in Photo Preferences.
Other[edit | edit source]
- Introduced the new grid view in FaceTime.
- A new portrait mode has been implemented in FaceTime. This feature is currently only available for M1-powered Macs.
- Pictures are now combined together in an organized group when the user shares 2 pictures.
- New nasal cannula options have been implemented when designing memojis.
- Accessibility now shows new information in the VoiceOver section.
- Introduced the new Monterey graphic in the About macOS applet as seen in RTM.