iOS 16.0 build 20A5339d
|Build of iOS 16|
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- The battery percentage indicator was added back to the status bar for the first time since the release of the iPhone X in late 2017. To enable it, open the Settings app, then navigate to the Battery section then toggle the option named Battery Percentage. It is not available on iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 mini, and iPhone 13 mini devices.
- A new sound is now used for the Find My app. The same sound also plays if the iPhone is pinged from an Apple Watch.
- The Perspective Zoom feature was removed for Lock Screen wallpapers.
- The location for the Dolby Atmos and Lossless indicators in the Music app was changed. It is now located to the right of the genre rather than below the Play and Shuffle buttons.
- A new option was added for copying and deleting screenshots rather than doing just the latter.
- The Emergency SOS option was renamed to Emergency Call in the Settings app.