Android 1.5 r1
(Redirected from Android 1.5)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Build of Android 1.x|
Android 1.5 r1 was released on 2009-04-27, which was based on Linux kernel 2.6.27. This was the first version to use a dessert as a codename. ("Cupcake") This update included several improvements and UI changes.
- Support for third-party virtual keyboards with text prediction and user dictionary for custom words.
- Support for Widgets: miniature application views that can be embedded in other applications. Some receive periodic updates.
- Video recording and playback in MPEG-4 and 3GP formats.
- Auto-pairing and stereo support for Bluetooth (A2DP and AVRCP profiles).
- Copy and paste features in the web browser.
- User pictures shown for Favorites in Contacts.
- Specific date/time stamp shown for events in the call log, and one-touch access to a contact card from call log event.
- Animated screen transitions.
- Auto-rotation option.
- New stock boot animation.
- You can upload videos to Youtube.
- You can upload photos to Picasa.