Windows Server 2003 build 2267.1
|Build of Windows Server 2003|
|Timebomb||2000-12-10 (+91 days)|
Windows Server 2003 build 2267.1 is the earliest available build of Windows Server 2003. This build was available only in the Advanced Server SKU. The Datacenter Server SKU of this build currently remains unavailable to the public.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- The setup has been overhauled and is indifferent from its client version.
- This build has a new boot screen. However, unlike its client version, the boot screen resembles Windows 2000 Server's boot screen but with Whistler being mentioned on it instead of Windows 2000.
- This build includes the Watercolor theme which is enabled by default (unlike later builds) due to the lack of a Theming service.
- It also includes the Simple Start Menu, but it is disabled by default and has to be enabled in Start Menu Properties.
- The new login screen from the client builds is present, but it has to be enabled by adding and setting the value of the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Winlogonto 1. It does not have a shutdown button unlike client versions.
- There are new banners and updates to the Explorer interface. Despite these changes, some features from client builds aren't included, such as System Restore and the OOBE.
- This build includes the new shutdown prompt that now requires a reason for shutting down the system, which would make it to the RTM.
Start Page[edit | edit source]
Much like build 2250 of the client version, this build includes the remains of a Dell OEM Start Page. It is located in
C:\WINNT\Web\StartPage, but all of its files are hidden by default. The
startpage.htm file can be set as an Active Desktop, but many parts of it no longer work because most of its files has been removed at this point of development.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Active Desktop[edit | edit source]
Active Desktop and Windows Explorer both have serious graphics rendering problems that makes it unable to properly set the background for JPEG and PNG files, leaving large gray marks on the desktop. Alongside, some effects like dragging to select on the desktop and selecting an icon will remain on the desktop.