Windows 2000 build 1983
(Redirected from Windows 2000 build 1983.1)
|Build of Windows 2000|
|Timebomb||+444 days after original install date|
Windows 2000 build 1983 is a Beta 3 build of Windows 2000, which was shared by BetaArchive user Marco0551. It was found on the fourth disc of the Crazybytes 36 warez CD compilation.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Changed the boot, hibernation and safe to shutdown screens to the ones used in the RTM version, though the older ones for server SKUs remained in use up to at least build 2031.
- Added new startup and shutdown sounds that are nearly resemblant of the final ones. These were used up to build 2000.3.
- Changed the copyright date in
winverfrom 1981-1997 to 1981-1999. This persists up to Windows XP build 2202.
- Many Control Panel applets received new icons with gradients, making most of them resemblant to the final ones (except for the "System" one).
- This is the earliest known build to contain a desktop watermark displaying the operating system's name and build number, but it is not enabled by default. To enable, apply the following registry key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] "PaintDesktopVersion"=dword:00000001