Windows 2000 build 1773.1
|Build of Windows 2000|
|Timebomb||+240 days after original install date|
Windows 2000 build 1773.1 is the official Interim Developer's Release build of Windows 2000. The Server SKU of this build was considered lost, but it was found and shared on BetaArchive on 19 January 2019.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- This build introduces a new Show Desktop button on the right side of the taskbar, similar to the one seen in build 1515.1 but with a small arrow that shows a menu on the right.
winnt256bitmaps featuring Interim Developer's Release branding.
- The introduction of a new login screen.
- As of today, this is the only available build of Windows 2000 to feature a 1981-1998 copyright date in
winver.exe, as the next build reverts to the formerly used 1981-1997 copyright date.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Installing this build in hypervisors will result in a BSOD on startup due to incompatibility with the floppy disk controller file,
FDC.SYS. Either delete or rename it, which will disable access to floppy disk drives, or replace it with a later build's
FDC.SYS(except build 1796) after text-mode setup by using a DOS/Windows 9x boot disk.
- In Workstation SKU during text setup, it will complain about a missing file named
msmqnt5.cab. This file can be safely skipped.