Windows 2000 build 1723.1
|Build of Windows 2000|
|Timebomb||1998-08-13 (+241 days)|
Windows 2000 build 1723.1 is a build of Windows 2000. It is listed in the Fate 455 and 475 warez CD lists and was presumably leaked by the warez group PWA. It is on the warez CD "Mag Utils 18" which was uploaded to the Internet Archive by the user pascal_of_irate on 7 April 2020. This build's CD is not bootable. To install this build, use a MS-DOS or Windows 9x bootdisk.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- This build's icon for Internet Explorer has been updated, however, the shortcut is still labeled "Internet"; also a new shortcut to Outlook Express has been added to the desktop.
Setup has gained major changes:
- The Detecting mass storage devices, Computer components and Install directory pages have been removed from text mode setup. As a result, Windows can only be installed on C:\WINNT and the disk examination can no longer be skipped.
- It restarts now automatically in both text mode and GUI portions, so it no longer needs the interaction of the user.
- The GUI portion uses diffrerent images.
- In the final page, only one dialog will be launched, showing the final tasks, instead of multiple, one after another. However, the Saving Configiration and creating Start menu entries dialoges still appear.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- This build crashes on boot on Virtual PC when using the default ACPI-capable HAL. This bug can be worked around by pressing F5 when setup starts and selecting the "Standard PC" HAL.