Windows 2000 build 1575.1
|Build of Windows 2000|
- Explorer has been updated to use an internet interface.
- The "Show Desktop" icon on the taskbar has been removed.
- Channels has been added to the taskbar which opens an Active Desktop browser.
- The active desktop background has been removed but the Active Channels banner stays, although it is nonfunctional.
- Like build 1515.1, most NT 4.0 references have been replaced with NT 5.0. However, many parts of the interface are still very similar to NT 4.0.
- This build cannot be upgraded from Windows NT 4.0 via
winnt32.exe. If upgraded, during the TXT setup it will request for the Windows NT 4.0 CD, and then when the Windows NT 4.0 CD is inserted, the setup instantly crashes with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
The OS Loader has a bug during setup that it tries to load
NTLDR, but since
$LDR$ installs instead, it will be stuck on the OS Loader in an infinite loop. Editing the boot sector file to boot from
$LDR$ will allow setup to continue. This doesn't happen with SCSI drives.
Windows Explorer doesn't have a very good graphics rendering engine as there is a graphical bug where anything dragged over Explorer windows will remain on the background of the Explorer window.