Windows 2.03 (286)
|Build of Windows 2.x|
Windows 2.03 is an RTM build of Windows 2.x. It is the earliest confirmed retail version of Windows 2.x, and includes drivers that are missing in the OEM version.
This build adds an updated version of Windows Setup which includes a new README.TXT reader. Support for 640x450 (VGA) mode has been removed. In addition, support for PS/2 mice is included in MOUSE.DRV, which allows the virtual mouse in many virtualization packages to be used out of the box.
1. Install MS-DOS 5
2. Insert Windows 2.03 Setup disk and launch Setup
3. Select the Windows installation directory
4. Choose "IBM PC, XT, AT (or 100% compatible)" as the computer type
5. Choose "IBM (or 100% compatible) VGA (Video Graphics Array)" as the graphics card type
6. Select the keyboard layout
7. Choose "Microsoft Mouse (Bus or Serial)" as the mouse type
8. Select "No changes" after you checked the settings
9. Insert next disk when asked
10. Press C when Setup asks you if you want to install a printer
11. Select a country
12. Choose, if you want to view the ReadMe file.
13. Setup is done, enter WIN to start Windows.