User:Gamerappa/main page mockup lmao
Welcome to BetaWiki!
An open encyclopedia of Windows history
Did you know...
- ...that Windows Longhorn build 4088 includes an early version of the .NET Managed rewrite of Desktop Window Manager that is not installed by default?
- ...that Windows 98 build 1387 has a hidden button in display properties to enable title bar gradients, and is also the first build of Windows to support this feature?
- ...that the WarpCenter shell included in OS/2 Warp 4 build 9.012 refers itself as Lotus SmartCenter?
- ...that every Classic Mac OS version since Mac OS 7 renames the "Special" menu to a unique word beginning with S in beta builds for easy identification of such?
- ...that Windows 95 build 58s includes a hidden tabbed mode in the Cabinet?
- ...that Windows Longhorn build 4015 (main) includes an early iteration of transparent window borders?
Windows 8 build 7814 is a build of Windows 8. This build was shared on the BetaWiki Discord server on 30 September 2021. Prior to this build being shared, a screenshot was included with the original upload of build 7746 on 3 May 2020. It is the earliest available build to include the Redpill feature locking mechanism. It is also the earliest available build of Windows to include a confidential build warning in the watermark.
Due to its earliness, many areas still say "Windows 7" and the kernel version is still 6.1 (much like builds 7700, 7746, and 7850). The default background image of this build is a blue gradient with a green tint at the lower right and a message at the top advising Microsoft employees not to leak this build.