Windows Server 2008 build 4066
Windows Server 2008 build 4066 (identifies itself as Windows .Net Standard Server 2003, with a build tag of 4066.main.040226-1010) is a pre-reset Windows Server 2008 build. It was originally described by Grabberslasher in his UX.Unleaked blog entry on 2008-05-01 and leaked on 2008-12-20.
|Build of Windows Server 2008|
|Timebomb||2004-08-24 (+180 days)|
This build is the second leaked build based on the pre-reset code, the other being build 4028. This build, surprisingly, uses the i386 (Windows Server 2003-esque) installation. This build is often mistakenly identified as a Windows Longhorn build when in fact it is Windows Server 2008.
Although it was described a "Server" build, it contained features typically seen in Longhorn client builds. These include:
- Desktop Window Manager
- Glass - It can be activated by the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+Shift+F9".
- Aurora - "3D view" option on View Options
- Phodeo - "Panorama" option on View Options
- Sidebar - with most of the tiles seen in build 4074
- Windows Media Player - a version of WMP that was apparently intended to replace the traditional one bundled with Windows (in this case WMP9, which is disabled by default). This build also included a WMP tile.
An early version of MILRender is found in this build. It includes Aero stars effects and extended aero, as seen in 4074.
- On some computers and virtualization software, setup cannot format the drive, as it results in an "Unknown Hard Error" BSOD.