Welcome to BetaWiki!
An open encyclopedia of software history
Did you know...
- ...that Windows XP has been supported in various forms for almost 18 years, which is the longest compared to any other version of Microsoft Windows?
- ...that Windows Server 2003 build 2462 includes login banners for a Personal edition of Windows 2000?
- ...that Windows 95 build 90c has a mention to Windows 94 which could suggest that Chicago was planned to be called Windows 94 in the first part of 1994 and could've been released in 1994?
- ...that the Windows XP team created a decoy theme called Mallard to hide the fact they were secretly working on Luna?
- ...that Windows Neptune was a cancelled version of Windows that ought to bring a new user interface reminiscent of Metro later introduced in Windows 8?
Featured articleWindows Vista build 5048 (with a build tag of 5048.winmain idx02.050401-0536) is the first Omega-13 build of Windows Vista to leak after the development reset of Windows Longhorn. It was released to attendants of WinHEC 2005, and was known as the "Longhorn Developer Preview". It calls itself Beta 1 in the setup handle but is not the true Beta 1.
The Jade and Slate themes are no longer included, and the Aero theme is now the default, along with its visual effects. Many of the icons from later pre-reset builds have returned, albeit with minor alterations. A few icons are also new to this build. However, the Control Panel and Printers icons are from Windows 95.