Did you know...
- ...that Windows Longhorn build 4094 was compiled after the development reset, on the developer's own workstation?
- ...that Windows Server 2003 build 2462 includes login banners for a Personal edition of Windows 2000?
- ...that there are multiple Windows Longhorn builds with the same build number and lab, which are distinguished only by compile date?
- ...that in Windows Longhorn build 4042 (Lab06_n) there are folders both with the XP-style 'My' name and the Vista-style name which dropped the 'My'?
- ...that there was an E variant planned for Windows 7 in addition to K, N and KN, which didn't include Internet Explorer?
- ...that the Windows XP team created a decoy theme called Mallard to hide the fact they were secretly working on Luna?
Featured articleWindows 8.1 build 9431 is the official Preview build of Windows 8.1, also known as the Milestone Preview. This build was released on 2013-06-26 with the occasion of the Build 2013 conference taking place. At the time of its release, it was possible to upgrade to this build from a Windows 8 copy by using the Windows Store or by downloading an ISO from TechNet or MSDN. The ISOs were made publicly available the day after, on 2013-06-27, when the day 2 keynote started.
An RT version was also released, however, the only way to install this build on such a machine was through the Windows Store. This was also the only way to obtain less common SKUs such as Single Language.
Recently leaked builds
Windows Server 2012 R2
11 active users