Did you know...
- ...that Windows XP has been supported in various forms for almost 18 years, which is the longest compared to any other version of Microsoft Windows?
- ...that Apple has officially released several developer releases of what would later become Mac OS X for the x86 architecture as a part of its NeXT legacy, and secretly continued to maintain the port until Tiger?
- ...that Windows 95 build 90c has a mention to Windows 94 which could suggest that Chicago was planned to be called Windows 94 in the first part of 1994 and could've been released in 1994?
- ...that the Windows XP team created a decoy theme called Mallard to hide the fact they were secretly working on Luna?
- ...that Paint was once on the second disk of Windows 1.0 Alpha Release but later deleted by either Microsoft or the owner for unknown reasons?
Featured articleWindows Vista build 5000 (vbl_core.040808-2000) is a build of Windows Vista. On 2020-01-23, this build was listed on a thread by UX.Unleaked blog founder Grabberslasher to be released to the BetaArchive FTP, and was released in the third set of 33 other Longhorn builds on 2020-01-26, alongside build 4048, other compiles of this build, and build 5001.
This build by default has a severe bug where it appears to hang as soon as Windows switches to graphical mode, ending up with a light blue or black screen, making this build technically uninstallable via normal means.