Did you know...
- ...that Windows XP has been supported in various forms for almost 18 years, which is the longest compared to any other version of Microsoft Windows?
- ...that Windows Server 2003 build 2462 includes login banners for a Personal edition of Windows 2000?
- ...that the Start Button in Windows 95 build 302 says "Ship It!" in reference to the year 1995 being around the corner?
- ...that there was an E variant planned for Windows 7 in addition to K, N and KN, which didn't include Internet Explorer?
- ...that the Windows XP team created a decoy theme called Mallard to hide the fact they were secretly working on Luna?
- ...that Windows Neptune was a cancelled version of Windows that ought to bring a new user interface reminiscent of Metro later introduced in Windows 8?
Featured articleWindows Longhorn build 4074 is an official WinHEC 2004 preview build, which leaked in 2004-05. This build is a Milestone 7 build of Longhorn and the most famous pre-reset build of Longhorn as it was distributed publicly.
This build is the first to default with the Segoe UI font that would be used by default in later Windows operating systems. Many icons from Windows XP were replaced with new, high-resolution versions, as with build 4066. While the Slate theme is still present, it also contains the new Jade theme that is also present in build 4066. The default wallpaper has also been changed to "Leaves". The Jade theme also enables native Aero transparency, which has not been seen since build 4042.
42 active users