Did you know...
- ...that Windows XP has been supported in various forms for almost 18 years, which is the longest compared to any other version of Microsoft Windows?
- ...that Windows Server 2003 build 2462 includes login banners for a Personal edition of Windows 2000?
- ...that Windows 95 build 90c has a mention to Windows 94 which could suggest that Chicago was planned to be called Windows 94 in the first part of 1994 and could've been released in 1994?
- ...that the Windows XP team created a decoy theme called Mallard to hide the fact they were secretly working on Luna?
- ...that Paint was once on the second disk of Windows 1.0 Alpha Release but later deleted by either Microsoft or the owner for unknown reasons?
Featured articleMac OS X Developer Preview 3 is the third Developer Preview of Mac OS X Public Beta. This build was first demonstrated at the Mac OS X introduction on 2000-01 in MacWorld 2000 and in MacWorld Expo 2000 in Tokyo on 2000-02-16.
This Developer Preview, compiled on 2000-01-31, is notable for major interface overhauls; most notably the debut of the Aqua theme. In addition, a prototype version of the Dock is included, which was implemented to help users switch to other programs that are running. Other changes includes new icons that revolves around on skeuomorphism and additional changes to the upper menu bar.